Jackson RockStar 4.0 Medium Kayak 2018
The 4th generation of the Jackson RockStar has hit the water!
Lightweight: Pick the boat up and you'll feel what an unwavering commitment to making the world's lightest plastic freestyle kayak is like. On the water your moves will be snappy, easy, and you'll be given an advantage that a lightweight boat can give.
Comfort: Slip into the boat and you'll immediately feel improvements to the comfort, foot-room, knee pockets, and the view from the cockpit.
Durable: This kayak's composite/plastic track combo for the hull support prevents oil canning and deformation of the hull. Your boat will be ready for the biggest waves, the best rock spins, or running down the river to the next playspot. The shape of the bow and stern are designed to take hits and hold strong. While shallow looping holes are abusive to any boat, you'll be glad you are in this one when you hit hard.
- 29 lbs.
- Length: 5' 10"
- Width: 26"
- Volume: 61.4 gallons
- Standard bow GoPro mount molded in for easy access and fun shooting
- NEW knee pockets - "Locked and Loaded" knee pockets for positive control of your kayak
- MORE Volume - more volume than any other kayak Jackson has made for bigger air
- NEW Seat Position - Seat now with an extra 3/4" adjustability forwards
- NEW Narrower Hull - Hull design is now narrower, for increased speed, and bigger air on waves
- Lighter - new design and outfitting under 30 pounds - strong and light!
- NEW Stern Shape - Shaped stern for quick release on wave moves, and stays on the surface well.
- Durability - The shape of the bow and stern are designed to take hits and hold strong. While shallow looping holes are abusive on any boat, you'll be glad you are in this one when you hit hard.
- Drier Ride - Zero Holes are drilled into this new Rock Star on the outside where it can leak. Compare that to 11 holes for the competitions (or more), and add in one of the driest cockpit rim designs possible and you can paddle without water in your boat.
- Big Air - Big Air "Huge" Bonuses are not only going to be easier, but this kayak will set the new standard for just how high out of the water the judges will expect a boat to go! If you are just learning to loop, this boat will launch you higher than other designs, giving you the time and air to compete your first loops. For all the moves where air is possible, the bow and stern of this boat are carefully shaped to combine a slicey, easy-to-move-around shape with an explosive thrust upwards and a clean release from the water.
- Retentiveness - Sticking moves is not only fun, but critical in competition. The Rock Star 4.0 has the side view shape, the volume, and fast rotation speed to give you more margin for error than ever before. Less boat in green water, more in the foam, more upstream launching, and slightly narrower and more forgiving hull for landing makes sure you spend your time in the hole, not in the eddy.
- Speed - 1" longer than the Rock Star 3.0 with an adjustable rocker profile that works across more wave shapes and speeds than the previous model to allow you to drop into just about any wave with more speed and potential energy for take-offs.